1,292 total views, 13 views today
I don’t know about you, but I see cute videos of parents and their kids baking and it looks like such a fun wonderful thing to do, but in reality it’s messy, there’s shell in the mixture and they usually get bored 5 minutes in. Mine only hangs around so he can lick the bowl clean!
However I’ve found a quick and easy recipe to do with the kids this Halloween where you’ll both enjoy it and you can let them decorate as its so easy, so here’s how to make this cute little spider cookies!
What you’ll need –
For the Cookies
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter
- 1 large egg
- 325g Self Raising Flour
- 150g White chocolate
- 250g Milk Chocolate
For the decoration –
- Chocolate Rolo’s
- Melted Milk Chocolate
- White Icing or melted white chocolate.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in one egg and gradually mix in the flour.
- Break up the pieces of both the white and milk chocolate and stir in.
- Take small amounts in your hands and ball up and flatten slightly before placing on your baking tray.
- Bake at 200 for 12-15 minutes.
- When they come out they’ll be soft and not seem like they’re cooked – leave to cool and they’ll harden.
- Once cooled, melt your chocolate and use to stick a rolo onto each cookie.
- Use a piping bag to drizzle more melted chocolate on to create 8 legs.
- Ice 2 eyes onto each rolo, and there you have it quick and easy Halloween treats!
Cute, simple and a fun afternoon baking cookies with your little one, plus the most fun part – eating them afterwards!
These would be great for a kids Halloween party too, so get baking and create your cute spider cookies! Also a little tip if you’re not a rolo fan maltesers work great too!