159 total views, 1 views today
Happy 2018! I know I’m a little late to the party and its nearly February, but I’ve rather enjoyed having some time getting back into the swing of things.
We had a good new year, with a few close friends & some drinks. I have started doing weekly vlogs again on my YouTube, and juggling my time with work & J, his school & family life. I think I’ve adjusted to normality again, hense my first blog post of the year.
I’ve decided instead of resolutions to have goals for the year, (that way there’s a lot less pressure, but still a goal in mind.) I thought I would share a few of them with you, and would love to know if you’ve made any goals for yourself this year?
- Getting rid of toxicity. This is a fairly big personal goal, and one that I found towards the end of last year was desperately needed. Having Toxic people in your life can cause such negativity, & I found it was weighing me down, and I was getting upset and stressed over things that shouldn’t have come into my life. I’m trying and would like to continue to surround my self with positive people, and stay a little further away from those that I know bring negativity into anything & everything.
- Being more in the now. I’m very aware that I always have my phone on me, not necessarily to call or chat to people, but to scroll through every social, take pictures, upload them straight away. Today, I went out and took photos on my phone, but then popped it away and edited/uploaded when I got home. Such a simple thing, but you can end up living through your screen instead.
- Be more social & make more effort. I think especially with the fact its winter, it gets dark early, and the only thing I fancy doing is popping my pjs on and binging friends episodes on netflix, its very easy to get caught up in your own little bubble, and days/weeks go by without making an effort with friends/going out. I know I am so guilty of this, it doesn’t mean I don’t love them, and still whatsapp them. But to send a text and see if they fancy a drink after work, or arrange a cinema date. In fact I’m going for drinks with my bestest on Tuesday & I can’t wait!
- Grow my hobby. I absolutely love blogging, I love filming and editing videos, and I absolutely love social media. I would love to see my platforms grow this year, even by a little. To do that, I want to be more on it with planning, writing schedules for posts, so I don’t feel out of inspiration.
- Fight the mum tum – Now this is the fairly obvious one, most people find January a inspiring month to diet and get fit, I don’t want to say I want to lose this much and put pressure on myself, Instead I just want to be healthier, add in some exercise when I have the time, and not beat myself up if I want a creme egg (& lets be honest who doesn’t want a creme egg!?)
I have a positive outlook on this year, last year was quite a sad year (If you’ve read my look back on 2017 you’ll understand why!) but I feel more in control, and I’m ready to make this a year of being happy, laughing with my family, and making some incredible memories.
Here’s to 2018 x