804 total views, 1 views today
It’s the second day of December and maybe you’re not quite feeling as festive as you could/want to be, so I’ve devised a little list to get you in the mood!
- Could be obvious but popping your tree up whilst Michael Buble’s Christmas album is on puts me in such a good mood, and is actually what will be happening in our house hold today!
- If you’ve got younger ones why not take a trip to go see Santa – we visited Weymouth sea life centre and it was just brilliant. There will be blog post up soon talking more about this! It’s such a great way to get excited for Christmas but also sway your child’s behaviour to be on the nice list. Ha Ha!
- Ice Skating! – If you’re local to me (Highcliffe) I’m in between Bournemouth & Southampton which both have brilliant ice rinks. Go Skating with your other half or a group of friends and grab a hot chocolate after to warm yourself up with.
- Throw a party! I love any excuse for a party, so why not gather all your friends for some mulled wine and mince pies. We did this last year and made our own wine and pies and added cheese to the table too. Yum!
- Have a movie night, grab some snacks and some cosy blankets and of course a Christmas film. Personal favourites our Elf, the holiday & love actually.
- Again one if your local – go and visit Beaulieu motor museum for their Christmas at Beaulieu. Over one million lights to gaze out and wander round. You can check out the post here.
- Get your craft on – and if you have kids – get them involved. Why not make some decorations for the house – pinterest is always a saviour for craft ideas. I’m attempting to make my first Christmas wreath this year, wish me luck!
- Decorate a gingerbread house or you can be really creative and make it yourself first(although I am definitely a lazy decorate and always buy the pre made packs.)
- Go to a panto! I used to love going to to see a panto as a kid, and have very fond memories of every Christmas Eve watching with my family and grandparents. For the first time in years we are going this year and I can’t wait to relive the boo’s and he’s behind you of a panto!
- Go visit your local Christmas market. Bournemouth have upped their game this year and have done a tree trial with beautifully lit and some singing tree’s down the gardens leading you towards the German market filled with bratwurst and hot chocolate stalls. A must for each year.
I hope this post has given you some inspo for some fun festive things to take you towards Christmas day!